Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Footprint

The footprint activity is a fun way to get to know the students in your classroom. It allows them to be creative while sharing details about themselves to the rest of the class. My footprint represents my life at this moment. The flames represent that I work at The Flame. The Converse logo represents my love for Converse Chuck Taylor shoes. The Underarmour band represents my love for sports. The animals on the bottom represent my love for Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. The seven is on my foot because it has been my lucky number since I was young. The Toms sticker represents my love for Toms shoes and their "One for One" campaign. The hemp bracelet was added because I enjoy making and wearing hemp jewlery. The music notes represent my love for listening to music. The orange Glik's card represents the fact that I work at Glik's.
One could integrate a project similar to this in a history class. The students could select an important person in history and make a footprint describing them using at least three different elements such as marker, stamps, paper, etc. The students could then present their historical figure to the class and then have their art hung up in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment